Mod is redownloaded on update

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Tierre
Inserter
Inserter

Mod is redownloaded on update

Post by Tierre »

Hello,

I don't know if this is a feature, bit one of the mods is being redownloaded every time game update comes (i think it is related to update - 4th time in two weeks). I try to disable and delete it - and it just pops up again. The mod is robot attrition :
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/robot_attrition
Is that normal?

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Mod is redownloaded on update

Post by Qon »

Are you playing Space Exploration? It depends non-optionally on Robot Attrition. If you change info.json in SE mod then you can get rid of the dependency, it's not technically necessary and it should work fine unless the author has done some super bad stuff.

Tierre
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tierre »

I have it loaded but not enebled. I am playing with full Pyanodon suite.... So loosing early bots is quite expensive... especially then it ruined half my buffer chests with tons of stuff in it :( Then i disable it no mods turn red.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

If SE is disabled, are you using the "update mods" tab in mod manager and downloading attrition that way?

Tierre
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tierre »

I had it downloaded for SE but not enabled. At some point i noticed that my bots started crashing and i checked the mod - it was enabled. I deleted it and it was ok for 2-3 game starts, but then bots started crashing again. Now i check it at start and the mod usually reappears after game update (might be a coincidence).

Return to “Technical Help”