[0.18.45] black screen in obs when using dedicated graphics

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Jony
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.18.45] black screen in obs when using dedicated graphics

Post by Jony »

I have an hp 15 bs103nh laptop with an intel UHD 620 and a radeon 530(m?) graphics card
when i try to record the game with obs, if the game is running on the igpu everything works fine, but as soon as i force the game to use the AMD gpu the obs output for both window and game capture turns black

so far i tried:
- restarting the computer
- running obs in administrator mode
- using anticheat compatibility
- turning off the flip representation model

i tested it also with the only other game i have wich is rimworld, and it worked fine with that

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.45] black screen in obs when using dedicated graphics

Post by posila »

Game capture not having picture is strange ... but, if you disable "Use flip presentation model" in graphics settings and restart the game, both window capture and game capture should work, so I don't know why it doesn't for you.

As a last resort, you can try to switch the game to OpenGL rendering (that is if you are on Windows, which uses Direct3D by default; on other OSes we have only OpenGL renderers at the moment). In the main menu do Ctrl + Alt + Left Click on setttings, then go to "The rest", search for force-opengl and enable it. Confirm and restart the game.

Jony
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Jony »

forcing opengl got the window capture going, but the game capture still gives a black screen, i guess its something to do with amd's notoriusly buggy drivers

Jony
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Jony »

just started messing with the settings, turning on SLI/crossfire capture mode got the game capture working aswell, performance looks acceptable with it
im just curious why should it need sli compatibility tho

blahfasel2000
Inserter
Inserter

Post by blahfasel2000 »

Because the way AMD does GPU switching is basically a sort of CrossFire light.

Return to “Technical Help”