"Factorio Requires Service Pack 1 on Windows 7"

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Psycho0124
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

"Factorio Requires Service Pack 1 on Windows 7"

Post by Psycho0124 »

Hey, I just updated to the experimental build to check out the new stuff and got the following error when I started the game.
"Error: Factorio Requires Service Pack 1 on Windows 7. Current OS: Windows 7"

I work 13 days on, 1 day off, 12 hour shifts but I managed to get a couple days off and was really looking forward to another Factorio run. Any way I can do the service pack later and play some Factorio now? I'm okay with bugs.

Much thanks either way!

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: "Factorio Requires Service Pack 1 on Windows 7"

Post by DaveMcW »

Download the stable version. https://www.factorio.com/download/stable

Psycho0124
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Psycho0124 »

I just updated from stable. I'd really like to check out the experimental.
Thanks though.

Kevin94
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kevin94 »

Why not just installing that Service Pack? It is a free update for Windows and unless you have a crapy internet connection or messed around with dual-boot (like me...) it should be done in no time.
If you for some strange reason don't want to install it, this service pack check was introduced in version 0.11.12, so you can still run the version 0.11.11.

Psycho0124
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Psycho0124 »

I don't mind installing it, just wanted to do it later™ as I was doing other stuff with the machine (surface scan on one hard drive, pulling backups on another; I'm doing a hardware upgrade for a buddy of mine).
It's cool though, I'd found a simple workaround shortly after posting here and am several hours into the game now. I set compatibility mode to "Vista SP3" and it ran like a champ. Any idea why the OS check was added?

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Plain windows 7 without service pack caused some crashes .... but I don't know the details.

Return to “Technical Help”