Cannot install mods to an existing game on headless Linux server [0.17.79]

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
asg0451
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Cannot install mods to an existing game on headless Linux server [0.17.79]

Post by asg0451 »

I have a Factorio instance running headless on a Ubuntu 16.04 server. I want to add mods to an existing save there but cannot manage to do it. the mod-list.json (attached) file updates with each mod added, but the mods are never loaded into the game.

Factorio lives in /opt/factorio. This is the invocation I use (working dir = /opt/factorio):
./bin/x64/factorio --start-server-load-latest --console-log factorio.log --server-settings data/server-settings.json --server-adminlist data/server-adminlist --mod-directory mods --verbose

What happens - nothing. The mod-list.json file is updated, but the mods are not available in the game. They are also not mentioned in the logs.

Furthermore, if i try and install mods locally and connect to the server, i see this (fact-serv-sync-conf.png), and if i click 'Synchronize', I'm brought to this screen (fact-serv-sync-cant.png), and i cannot click the 'keep enabled' checkbox. All i can do is hit confirm, which restarts my local game without the mod.

More version info:
]$ ./bin/x64/factorio --version
Version: 0.17.79 (build 47865, linux64, headless)
Binary version: 64
Map input version: 0.15.0-0
Map output version: 0.17.79-0

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

attachments:
mods.zip - my mods folder in /opt/factorio/mods
server-settings.json - server settings file
factorio-current.log - log file
june.zip - the save game
fact-serv-sync-*.png - screenshots described above
Attachments
server-settings.json