[SOLVED] [0.18.36] Low FPS when zoomed out in base with many belts (Linux)

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Karyotype
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[SOLVED] [0.18.36] Low FPS when zoomed out in base with many belts (Linux)

Post by Karyotype »

Hi there,
I don't remember exactly when this issue first started cropping up for me, but it wasn't happening a year ago.
Apologies for not asking for assistance sooner.
This only occurs when there are many belts with items on them on-screen.
I have attempted lowering all graphics settings as far as they can go, but the issue still persists.
If this is expected behaviour, please let me know.
However, given that I am running an RX 570 with an AMD Ryzen 1500, and that I can find no references to this issue besides those made with older major versions of Factorio, I think this is some sort of issue on my side. If someone could provide me with any kind of guidance, this would be helpful.

I've attached the game save, screenshots of the performance both zoomed in and out, and the log.
Attachments
Lazy Bastard.zip
(8.22 MiB) Downloaded 61 times
20200715074002_1.jpg
20200715074002_1.jpg (965 KiB) Viewed 616 times
20200715073954_1.jpg
20200715073954_1.jpg (895.12 KiB) Viewed 616 times
factorio-current.log
(4.59 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

Karyotype
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [SOLVED] [0.18.36] Low FPS when zoomed out in base with many belts (Linux)

Post by Karyotype »

Sorry if this bumps the thread, just updating to say I've solved the issue so if anyone has this very unlikely problem happen to them, they'll know what's wrong.
Turns out, the used video card I bought had previously been used for cryptocurrency mining, and had had a custom VBIOS flashed onto it. I did not know this when I bought it.
I had the tool I used to flash the VBIOS check the checksum of my VBIOS and it did not match what it was supposed to be.
However, I was able to solve this easily by just flashing the original manufacturer VBIOS from TechPowerUp's VGA BIOS collection.
All my FPS issues are now gone :D

Return to “Technical Help”