[0.18.31] Items suddenly unable to be crafted and recipes removed from machines.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
sophistrysolipsist
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.18.31] Items suddenly unable to be crafted and recipes removed from machines.

Post by sophistrysolipsist »

I just noticed that several items in my play through suddenly stopped being able to be crafted. The entities still exist in game, they weren't removed from the map and they exist in my hand and blueprints etc. But I just can't craft them and they won't be made in an assembler. It still says that item is researched .

Medium Power pole and Stack FIlter Inserter are the two i've noticed but there might be more i'm not thinking of. I've tried loading the map with and without mods to double check it wasn't a mod causing the issue and the issue remained so I think it might be base game. Have attached the save file and log to this post and the screenshots of the items not showing in the crafting menu but the research showing completed.

https://i.imgur.com/0lkfajo.png
https://i.imgur.com/xc9ROsf.png
https://i.imgur.com/9fErNaE.png
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(13.47 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Proper map 2020.zip
(11.86 MiB) Downloaded 29 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.31] Items suddenly unable to be crafted and recipes removed from machines.

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. The issue is one of the mods you're using. Which one - I have no idea.

But you can try running:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.reset_technology_effects()
To see if it resolves the issue for you. Otherwise you can try looking over all of the 24 mods you have to figure out which one broke it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

sophistrysolipsist
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.18.31] Items suddenly unable to be crafted and recipes removed from machines.

Post by sophistrysolipsist »

Thanks, seems like that's fixed it. I thought because it carried on into the map save even with the mods disabled it must've been a game issue. I guess the mod just caused the error and that error was loaded up again even without the mods.

I appreciate the help, thanks.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

sophistrysolipsist wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:03 pm
Thanks, seems like that's fixed it. I thought because it carried on into the map save even with the mods disabled it must've been a game issue. I guess the mod just caused the error and that error was loaded up again even without the mods.

I appreciate the help, thanks.
That's not quite how things work. Mods can set recipes as enabled or disabled and they stay that way until something else changes them. Removing the mod doesn't undo setting the recipe enabled/disabled.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Technical Help”