Razer Chroma workerthread UPS drain?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
dacendoran
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Razer Chroma workerthread UPS drain?

Post by dacendoran »

I've been having UPS issues for the last few days, I think its related to razer crhoma, I'm having this issue even when I disable it.
I made a profile of my save using very sleepy CS. A significant portion of my UPS is being used by

" std::_LaunchPad<std::unique_ptr<std::tuple<void (__cdecl RazerChromaController::*)(void),RazerChromaController *>,std::default_delete<std::tuple<void (__cdecl RazerChromaController::*)(void),RazerChromaController *> > > >::_Go 542.75s 100.00% Factorio c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\buildtools\vc\tools\msvc\14.15.26726\include\thr\xthread"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

CSV of the profiler^

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nijmlB ... sp=sharing
Save^

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Razer Chroma workerthread UPS drain?

Post by Rseding91 »

The razer chroma logic doesn't run when disabled. As in: the entire function just isn't called.

What you're seeing is just a naming artifact of how the PDB chose to name that thread - it has nothing to do with razer.

If you look at the rest of the profiling results you'll see all the time is spent just running the save. Inserers, enemies, belts, all the normal stuff that is just "the game". You've simply built beyond what your computer can handle.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

dacendoran
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dacendoran »

that thread is 80% of the load though. Is there any way to figure out what it is so I can eliminate more of whatever entity that is

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

dacendoran wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:29 pm
that thread is 80% of the load though. Is there any way to figure out what it is so I can eliminate more of whatever entity that is
It's the entity update loop.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Technical Help”