Need help with setting up a DS

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Spychotic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Need help with setting up a DS

Post by Spychotic »

Hi,

I am trying to set up a dedicated server using the Windows command line. I am following this set of instructions;

https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?title=Multiplayer

However, it isn't working. I am not an expert with the Windows command line and I am clearly missing something. Attached here is a copy paste of the commands I entered into the command console - expecting it to work - and the error messages it returned.

Can someone please enlighten me on what I have missed here? I am guessing I have missed something with defining the path which whomever wrote the wiki article presumed would be common knowledge which I do not have?

Regards,

Spike
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (25.36 KiB) Viewed 906 times

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Need help with setting up a DS

Post by valneq »

Please note that a lot of the instructions in the Wiki are for the POSIX / LINUX command line. In particular note the slashes separating folders. On POSIX / LINUX they are "/" while on Windows they are "\".
Therefore, while on Linux you write

Code: Select all

./bin/x64/factorio
to start the game, on Windows you need to execute

.\bin\x64\factorio.exe
The other arguments following the command should remain the same (apart from explicit references to files where you still need to write \ instead of /).

[edit] in your case, the first line you have tried to execute should have been

.\bin\x64\factorio.exe --create .\saves\spike-server.zip --map-gen-settings .\data\map-gen-settings.json --map-settings .\data\map-settings.json
Note the consistent use of \ instead of /.

Spychotic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Need help with setting up a DS

Post by Spychotic »

That worked. Thanks for taking the time to help me out :)

Return to “Technical Help”