Select Beta drop down list empty - can't update game

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Dragonvulture
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Select Beta drop down list empty - can't update game

Post by Dragonvulture »

I have been missing the beta drop down list for awhile. I tried fixing it today by reinstalling factorio, which didn't work, then uninstalling steam, and all apps, removing registry keys, etc., and after reinstalling, still have nothing showing in drop down list - stuck on NONE - opt out of all beta programs. So can not update past .17. Before uninstalling, this list was stuck on use latest build - so at least it was updating when new releases came out.

How do I fix this beta drop down list so it shows all the versions?
Thanks

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Select Beta drop down list empty - can't update game

Post by valneq »

For me and many other people it is working fine with selecting the experimental version 0.18 in Steam.
I don't think the developers of Factorio can do anything about this.
To be honest, this sounds like an issue with Steam. Have you tried contacting the Steam support from Valve about this?

Dragonvulture
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Select Beta drop down list empty - can't update game

Post by Dragonvulture »

I can't select any version in the normal steam client. It does work properly in big picture mode, confirming something wrong with regular steam client.

Return to “Technical Help”