BUG!! :(

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Slen32
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

BUG!! :(

Post by Slen32 »

the game kicks me out ramdomly

saying: "THIS IS NOT A GOOD POINT FOR SAVE THE WORLD" and instanly crashes.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(42.28 KiB) Downloaded 54 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: BUG!! :(

Post by Loewchen »

Get more ram...

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Specifically video memory. Your graphics card has 1.5 GB of VRAM but you've installed several graphics-heavy mods and it failed to create some video textures due to running out.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

It is true the graphics driver failed to allocate texture for screenshot (that's used as preview image in save file) due to out-of-memory error, but the game is programmed to handle failures to take screenshots gracefully. The actually bad_alloc exception that crashed the game comes from actual saving the game, so better GPU won't help. You need more RAM, less mods or at least increase maximum page file size in Windows.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

posila wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:17 am
It is true the graphics driver failed to allocate texture for screenshot (that's used as preview image in save file) due to out-of-memory error, but the game is programmed to handle failures to take screenshots gracefully. The actually bad_alloc exception that crashed the game comes from actual saving the game, so better GPU won't help. You need more RAM, less mods or at least increase maximum page file size in Windows.
You're right, I interpreted the log file incorrectly.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Technical Help”