Frame-rate drops

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Leon713
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Frame-rate drops

Post by Leon713 »

Hi,

I bought Factorio many months ago and still love this game! Keep up the good work!

I run the 64bit-version on an i7-4770 3.50GHz, 32 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX TITAN, Windows 7, having no issues with any game on this computer ... but factorio. After same time in a new started game, the frame-rate starts to degrease continually. In my current game I have now 9 fps! (seen on the F5-Screen) If biter approach, it drops to 5 fps. I can watch every single laserbeam marching its way to its target. The moment I press ESC and the menu pops up, I have 120 fps. Also if I start a new game, I have 120 fps without problems, but after some time in thies new game the frame-rate starts to drop. Its really frustrating.

The ressource usage in task manager / process explorer is marginal.
I tried different suggestions, found in the internet, that didn't help:
- switching vsync on/off
- switching multisampling off
- running factorio in a window / fullscreen
- changing the number of used threads
- disabling the windows 7 design service
- disabling running mods (I use bobs mods)
- even all together
Nothing helped.

Do you have any ideas?
I would be really happy, if you could help me solve this problem!

EDIT: Running 0.11.13 by th way

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Frame-rate drops

Post by FishSandwich »

How long is 'some time'? Do you have a huge base?

Huge bases will always slow the game, no matter what computer it is running on, because it is to do with game optimizations that the devs need to implement.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Please upload the save so that we can have a look.

Leon713
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Leon713 »

Hi,

I turned off each mod one by one to find out which ones are necessary to load up the save. While doing this I turning off one of my own mods, which changed the electric system. After loading the savefile, the complete base shut down, because of a lack of energy (missing electric poles). No entity moved and the framerate jumped from 9 to 60. Replacing the missing electric poles with the original ingame-ones, was followed by a drop of frame-rate.
So the problem really seams to be the missing game-optimization.
Thank you for you help!

Return to “Technical Help”