[0.18.17] Friend cannot connect to my game via Steam

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
lilbigmouth
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.18.17] Friend cannot connect to my game via Steam

Post by lilbigmouth »

I have tried to host a game via Steam for my friend to join. First with mods, but then tried with base game only. It looks to me like a different Connection Request ID is being returned for some reason?

Edit: Also didn't work on the 0.18.9 or 0.18.16 branches
Attachments
factorio-mine.log
(9.13 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
factorio-friend.log
(12.96 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Last edited by lilbigmouth on Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.17] Friend cannot connect to my game via Steam

Post by Rseding91 »

Moving to technical help until it can be shown there's a bug with the game. There are thousands of people every day that use multiplayer without any issues so it makes me think it's not the game but something on your end.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

lilbigmouth
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.18.17] Friend cannot connect to my game via Steam

Post by lilbigmouth »

Rseding91 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:13 pm
Moving to technical help until it can be shown there's a bug with the game. There are thousands of people every day that use multiplayer without any issues so it makes me think it's not the game but something on your end.
Okay thanks. My friend has said he has recently opened some ports and flushed his DNS for some reason, I'm not sure if that's the cause. I don't believe that would be related though?

Return to “Technical Help”