RESOLVED: Mods no longer downloading: "Download failed"

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
diamondsutra
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

RESOLVED: Mods no longer downloading: "Download failed"

Post by diamondsutra »

RESOLVED as of 11:50AM JST: It looks like this issue was fixed at some point in the last 12 hours or so: As a test, I tried installing mods from inside Factorio again, and several that I had issues with the previous day were installing fine now. Whatever was breaking the transfer from the server is resolved now (nothing changed on my end).

===============================================
ORIGINAL POST BELOW
===============================================

Wondering if others started seeing problems downloading mods within the last 24 hours?
(or people in remote areas? I'm located in Japan)

---

0.18.17 build 50462, win64, steam.

Reinstalled and started playing again two days ago. About 48-24 hours ago I downloaded several mods fine, no problem at all. Starting about 12 hours ago, I could no longer download any mods. I noticed first that they appeared to be downloading extremely slow (for example, "Bob's Logistics" would take about 1-2 minutes to climb 1% in download; ended up quitting). A few hours later when I try again, no new mods are downloading correctly. After a few minutes sitting at 0% downloaded, it errors with a message:

"Install failed for [modname]: Download failed"

No issues with my network, other games, etc. No major changes to my install.

Troubleshooting Done:
Restarted Factorio several times (same)
Rebooted PC (same)
Used a VPN (same)
Tried several mods, both old and new, ones I've installed many times before (same)

Attempted downloading mods not from inside the game, but straight from mods.factorio.com - This works fine, no slowness seen at all. This all only seems to apply when downloading mods from inside the game, and only seemed to start at some point within the last 12-24 hours or so.

Not Done:
Uninstalling/Reinstalling Factorio (update: Did a fresh install as below, still seeing the same problem)

Anyone else seeing any issues with the mod download function at this time, particularly anyone located in APAC?

Thanks!
Last edited by diamondsutra on Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

diamondsutra
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Mods no longer downloading: "Download failed"

Post by diamondsutra »

Quick followup note: I did a fresh install of Factorio (removed the AppData/Factorio folder to do a completely fresh reinstall); still continuing to see the same mod download problem.

diamondsutra
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Mods no longer downloading: "Download failed"

Post by diamondsutra »

RESOLVED

It looks like this issue was fixed at some point in the last 12 hours or so: As a test, I tried installing mods from inside Factorio again, and several that I had issues with the previous day were installing fine now. Whatever was breaking the transfer from the server is resolved now (nothing changed on my end).

Thanks!

Return to “Technical Help”