Reached id limit for tile. The game can't contain more than 255 instances of this prototype

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
system
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Reached id limit for tile. The game can't contain more than 255 instances of this prototype

Post by system »

Got an error after adding dectorio (~100 of other mods).

102.492 Error ModManager.cpp:1471: Reached id limit for tile. The game can't contain more than 255 instances of this prototype due to hardcoded limits of the engine.

Is there a way to find what mods are involved? Then I could try to remove some, as I want dectorio more than some other less important mods.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Reached id limit for tile. The game can't contain more than 255 instances of this prototype

Post by Jap2.0 »

Can you post a mod list?
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Reached id limit for tile. The game can't contain more than 255 instances of this prototype

Post by steinio »

If you also have Alien Biomes the tiles are listed in the log file, even these which are ignored.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

I added additional logging of what mods have tried to created how many of the given prototype that is failing to assign IDs for the next release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Technical Help”