SIde inserter setup lost with every Factorio new version

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Quax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

SIde inserter setup lost with every Factorio new version

Post by Quax »

Hi all, I have a huge issue, and dont know whether I'm doing something wrong. I stopped playing Factorio some months ago when it was 0.17. Today I updated the game and started playing only to discover all the mods were out of date. So, without saving, Ileft the game and updated my mods, one of them beeing the Side Inserters. Now, after entering my safegame again, I found out that ALL my insertes lost their configuration - so they have been set back to straight insert instead of left, right, far end, near end.

How xould this happen?? I mean it's a nightmare to have to go through MY WHOLE BASE and reconfigure them!!! Will this happen with every new release of Factorio.

Thx, Peter.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: SIde inserter setup lost with every Factorio new version

Post by Deadlock989 »

1. You just opted in to an experimental branch of a game that is in alpha. If you want to guarantee a stable experience, stay on the stable branch (0.17 at present).

2. No, not everything changes with every release. It might happen, sometimes, with some releases.

Fortunately, fingers crossed, the finished version of the game is out in six months.

Quax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: SIde inserter setup lost with every Factorio new version

Post by Quax »

Yes I recognised meanwhile that I activated experimental updates, for whatever reason ist was :-) But good to hear that there will be a "final" finale version out soon.

Return to “Technical Help”