No Disc Space But I Have Plenty?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
lilgap
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

No Disc Space But I Have Plenty?

Post by lilgap »

Whenever I save my game I get the error "cannot save map: Writing in the zip failed. No space left on drive". Meanwhile I have 116 GB free on the same drive that factorio has been downloaded on. I've never encountered this error and it makes no sense because I have plenty of space. I'm quite braindead when it comes to computers so maybe I'm missing something, but regardless I have no idea what to do. Thanks

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: No Disc Space But I Have Plenty?

Post by Klonan »

lilgap wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:40 am
Whenever I save my game I get the error "cannot save map: Writing in the zip failed. No space left on drive". Meanwhile I have 116 GB free on the same drive that factorio has been downloaded on. I've never encountered this error and it makes no sense because I have plenty of space. I'm quite braindead when it comes to computers so maybe I'm missing something, but regardless I have no idea what to do. Thanks
How much space do you have in your OS drive?

Factorio save games by default go in the user data directory:
https://wiki.factorio.com/Application_d ... _directory

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: No Disc Space But I Have Plenty?

Post by DaveMcW »

You can also download the zip version, which always puts saves in the same folder as the game.

Return to “Technical Help”