Key Up/Down Events Queued While Mouse Is Moving [0.17 - 0.18]

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
utoxin
Inserter
Inserter

Key Up/Down Events Queued While Mouse Is Moving [0.17 - 0.18]

Post by utoxin »

I've been doing some work to try and track down an odd input issue I've been having. Basically, while my mouse is moving, all key up/down events seem to get queued up and not processed until the mouse stops moving. This has been happening since sometime in the 0.17 version history, but does not occur in 0.16.

My system:

Windows 10 Pro
Ryzen 7 1800X
GTX 1070 Ti

utoxin
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Key Up/Down Events Queued While Mouse Is Moving [0.17 - 0.18]

Post by utoxin »

I might have figured out a work-around for this, but it's odd to me that it isn't a problem if I go back to 0.16.

I turned the polling rate on my mouse down from either 500 or 1000 hz, to 125 hz, and the input hangups went away. So it looks like sometime in the 0.17 development history, they switched up their input handler in a way tho prioritizes mouse movement over keyboard input.

utoxin
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Key Up/Down Events Queued While Mouse Is Moving [0.17 - 0.18]

Post by utoxin »

Is this something worth posting as a bug? (I originally posted this topic as a bug, I thought, but it apparently got moved to this forum.)

To me, it definitely feels like it qualifies.

Return to “Technical Help”