[0.17.79] Game freezes and screen flickers when it hit's 100% loading a map from the load game menu. (Linux)

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
TheKiwiMan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.79] Game freezes and screen flickers when it hit's 100% loading a map from the load game menu. (Linux)

Post by TheKiwiMan »

When I open the load game menu, I can load any save I want to. when it get's to 100% loading, it stops loading and does not put me in the world, and then the screen starts flickering very rapidly. I then have to open task manager to force close the game because I can't even alt tab out of the window. This is only happening on my Linux computer. The same exact world on my windows computer works fine, so I don't think it's a corrupt file. Whenever I try to start a new world, the same thing happens. it hit's 100% loaded, but then instead of it actually loading, it sits on the loading screen and my screen flickers, so there is no need to attach the world file as that is not the problem. I have reinstalled the game multiple times, restarted steam and my computer uncountable times, and I can't find any information about this anywhere. I have waited up to 20 minutes to see if it would eventually load and the flickering would go away but it never did. I'm guessing I have some kind of weird setting selected that is making it do this but I have no idea what it might be, and don't forget, this is on Linux, not windows.

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.79] Game freezes and screen flickers when it hit's 100% loading a map from the load game menu. (Linux)

Post by Honktown »

Post log. Sounds like a gpu driver issue.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Return to “Technical Help”