Can't boot factorio - json-parse-error

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
carolares
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Can't boot factorio - json-parse-error

Post by carolares »

Hi guys, I've looked around for a solution to my problem but couldn't find anything. Let me give you a summary of what the problem is.

I am usually using multiple factorio folders for different build versions and mods. These packages are from the zip files ofc and not steam installations. Recently i had to format the drive on which these factorio installations were present and ofc i just copy pasted the folders to another drive. Now on the new system when i try to boot any of these factorios i get the following error "factorio json parser error in package metadata: json-parse-error.unexpected-character (." - check the attached pic for full error.

Ofc I worked around the error by simply downloading a fresh factorio zip package and copied my mods and other settings to that installation and everything is fine, but can anyone point me on how to fix the error of the old folder? I compared the configs (config-path.cfg/config.ini) and everything looks the same.

What file(json?) the app is trying to parse and it gets the unexpected "." character? At least this is what I get from the error, that somewhere something ends with a "." and is fatal for the application boot sequence.
Attachments
error.jpg
error.jpg (26.43 KiB) Viewed 563 times

Return to “Technical Help”