[0.17.74] Crash while autosaving.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
LeoCr4ck
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.74] Crash while autosaving.

Post by LeoCr4ck »

Was doing some things with trains and auto save box popped up and no progress was made for about 1 minute. This was followed by a crash.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(14.65 KiB) Downloaded 101 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.74] Crash while autosaving.

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. It crashed in a place where it should never be possible to crash which makes me suspect either you ran out of RAM (you only had 2 GB free before the game started) or you have some hardware issue on your end.

Can you try running memtest86+ and see if it shows anything?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

LeoCr4ck
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by LeoCr4ck »

Don't know how to read the results, but i done 1 'pass'.
Attachments
6f432881-8d27-45f7-98dd-441b29dfc4e0.jpg
6f432881-8d27-45f7-98dd-441b29dfc4e0.jpg (141.55 KiB) Viewed 2783 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

LeoCr4ck wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:03 pm
The machine has a hardware defect of either RAM, CPU or mainboard.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Loewchen wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:25 pm
LeoCr4ck wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:03 pm
The machine has a hardware defect of either RAM, CPU or mainboard.
CPU is also at almost 80 degrees during memtest.. that might be suspicious. Is the cooling working properly?

LeoCr4ck
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by LeoCr4ck »

I opened up the laptop and the cooling seems fine, i also use a cooling pad which wasn't on during the test.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

"Errors: 88", in the middle-right, is the interesting part.

It's possible the errors will go away if you run with the cooling pad, but I wouldn't count on it.
If you run the test overnight with the cooling pad and see no errors, well, don't run without the cooling pad again.
Otherwise, if this is an old computer and you were thinking about replacing it, it's time to do that. If it's a newer computer that still under warranty (and you trust your manufacturer) send it back and ask them to replace the memory. If you don't have or don't want to use your warranty, most commonly this is caused by bad memory. You may be able to get away with removing or replacing only the failing module, or you may want/need to replace all your memory. Which is the failing module? You'll have to guess and check. If you take one or more modules out and the error goes away, the remaining ones are good.

gunslingergr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gunslingergr »

Hello sorry for posting here but i dont want to make a new topic for the same problem...

i am getting the same problem but like 7 out of 10 times it auto saves but some times it makes it and right before it starts the autosave
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(8.79 KiB) Downloaded 83 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

gunslingergr wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:04 pm
Hello sorry for posting here but i dont want to make a new topic for the same problem...

i am getting the same problem but like 7 out of 10 times it auto saves but some times it makes it and right before it starts the autosave
Try running memtest86+ and see if it says you have bad RAM.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

gunslingergr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gunslingergr »

Rseding91 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:06 pm
gunslingergr wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:04 pm

Try running memtest86+ and see if it says you have bad RAM.
i just did no problems with my ram
and now i am crashing in about 3-4 minutes of the game running i made autosave to 10minutes
and i am crashing with and without mods

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Even if it does end up being a RAM issue (did you run the test twice? cold and hot RAM don't react the same way...), unless it quickly keeps getting worse and worse, you can just tell the kernel to reserve the faulty bits so that the system can't use them.

Due to a combination of bad luck and poor choices on my part, I ended up with ~50 000 errors in my 2x4 Go RAM sticks - they were crashing a brand new system in 0-2 days.

After finding the underlying cause of the corruption, fixing it, and disabling the relevant bits, I ran memory testing for a whole night without any errors showing up - and had no issues since. And I didn't even lose much, since 50 Ko is negligible compared to the overall 8 000 000 Ko...
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

gunslingergr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gunslingergr »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:07 pm
Even if it does end up being a RAM issue (did you run the test twice? cold and hot RAM don't react the same way...), unless it quickly keeps getting worse and worse, you can just tell the kernel to reserve the faulty bits so that the system can't use them.

Due to a combination of bad luck and poor choices on my part, I ended up with ~50 000 errors in my 2x4 Go RAM sticks - they were crashing a brand new system in 0-2 days.

After finding the underlying cause of the corruption, fixing it, and disabling the relevant bits, I ran memory testing for a whole night without any errors showing up - and had no issues since. And I didn't even lose much, since 50 Ko is negligible compared to the overall 8 000 000 Ko...
i am doing a second test right now still no errors at 60%
Second test done no errors..
After the restart i played for about 15 minutes but when my robots started moving a huge amount of iron from a storage to an other it crashed again

Return to “Technical Help”