Endless Very Slow Updating

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Endless Very Slow Updating

Post by thereaverofdarkness »

When I load into the game, it says a new version is out and asks me to update. When I click update, it shows a progress bar which progresses very slowly (it takes around 10-15 minutes to fill) and when it's finally done, it exits the game and queues a restart which gets stuck in the buffer. The restart doesn't happen until I attempt to start a fresh instance of Factorio, which immediately fails and boots the currently initiating instance out of the buffer. Once it starts again, it once again has to update. The update once again takes a long time, and at the end it once again exits and locks the restart in the buffer. Rinse and repeat.

I wasn't watching the version numbers so I don't know if it's getting more updated or not. Either it's updating one patch at a time, or it's just failing without telling me that it's failing. Either way, it takes longer each time than just downloading a fresh copy of the game. It's been this slow ever since I got 0.17, and I don't know how far back this problem goes because I've generally just been avoiding updates in 0.17 due to how slow it is. It makes it difficult to enjoy the game when I can't get the game and the mods working together.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
PC non-Steam Factorio
Current version: 0.17.68
Version it wants to update to: 0.17.70

Return to “Technical Help”