17.69 Mac version crashes on startup

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
lonwright
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

17.69 Mac version crashes on startup

Post by lonwright »

Log file attached. I had made changes in preferences to make the graphics less demanding on my old graphics processor. Before that, the program ran OK without crashing, but with more lag in performance than I had been experiencing with the previous 16.xx version.
Attachments
factorio-current crash.log
(8.12 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: 17.69 Mac version crashes on startup

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however based off the log file it's showing that your graphics card only has 256 MB of dedicated video memory which is half of the minimum requirements to run the game. I'm going to move this to technical help.

At a point there is a reason why we have the minimum requirements: we can't spend time trying to make the game run on every set of hardware that exists - it's not a viable use of time and just isn't possible for us to do. Sorry.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: 17.69 Mac version crashes on startup

Post by posila »

This is config I would try to use on that computer.
config.ini
(663 Bytes) Downloaded 60 times
And this one uses the lowest amount of video memory possible.
config-low.ini
(663 Bytes) Downloaded 56 times
The crash happens inside OpenGL/graphics driver, so it's Apple's bug. It might have just run out of some resource, so restarting the macbook could help. Given the age and low-spec of the device I agree with Rseding not to try to find workaround on our side.

Return to “Technical Help”