[0.17.69] Stuttering when not moving

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Waylum
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.69] Stuttering when not moving

Post by Waylum »

Took about a year off and just got back to playing with all the updates. I like to just build factories and play around with logistics rather then survival part of the game so I usually turn resource Frequency, Size, and Richness to max (600%) so won't have to worry so much about finding more resources and expanding before I'm ready to.

My problem this time is when I set any of the three (frequency, size, or richness) the game becomes choppy when I'm standing still. FPS/UPS goes sometimes as low as 11/18. But when my character is moving around or when I have the options menu open it jumps back up to 60/60. Never happened to me before.

What I did to try what caused it: Went online searched for how to improve fps/ups and did those settings. Eventually turned everything down to bare minimum (to my limited knowledge of setting).

1) With mods. Default resource (FSR- Frequency, Size, Richness) (all at 100%). No lag, No stutter. FPS/UPS 60. Moving or stationary.
Maxed FSR. Yes lag, Yes stutter. FPS/UPS in the teens. When stationary (when character is not moving) only.

2) Without mods. Default FSR. No lag no stutter. Moving or stationary.
Maxed FSR. Yes lag, Yes stutter. FPS/UPS in the teens. When stationary only.

Any help would be appreciated. If I'm missing any material to help with this issue please let me know and I'll update it.
Attachments
When menu option is opened.
When menu option is opened.
In Menu.jpg (644.61 KiB) Viewed 527 times
When character running.
When character running.
Moving.jpg (1010.72 KiB) Viewed 527 times
When character standing still.
When character standing still.
Stationary.jpg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 527 times
factorio-current.log
(20.19 KiB) Downloaded 42 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.17.69] Stuttering when not moving

Post by Loewchen »

Used up by the mod Bluebuild.

Waylum
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.69] Stuttering when not moving

Post by Waylum »

Wow! Thank you Loewchen! I turned off all mods earlier it was still lagging. Now I tried again just turning off bluebuild it's running smoothly. Thanks so much for the speedy reply!

Return to “Technical Help”