Can not save or load 3rd autosave

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
ScottTorres
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Can not save or load 3rd autosave

Post by ScottTorres »

I have been playing this great game for a while, 8 hours 14 minutes. and i have noticed the jittering of the autosave every 2 minutes but it does not bother me much. However, on the 8 hour 16th minute of my game. The game tries to save the game and it freeze completely... i have to ctrl alt del to terminate it, i have tryed numerous things to fix it... letting it save for a good 5 minute, loading it from a different file and deleting the save file in the saves folder. Nothing works. i even can not open it to the subfile, it says: " windows can not open the file, *direction file* is invalid."

My base is getting rather large, but nothing crazy, i dont have a railway connection to another base or even ventured out to try and take out monsters.

Can anyone help out?

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Can not save or load 3rd autosave

Post by slippycheeze »

You should probably be running a disk check, because that sounds very like a disk corruption problem.

Return to “Technical Help”