Can't move mouse while moving

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Can't move mouse while moving

Post by MakeItGraphic »

What?

I can't move my mouse while my character is moving.

What do I expect?

I expect to be able to move my mouse to complete actions while moving.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Can't move mouse while moving

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however there's nothing we do which would cause this. Is your mouse maybe plugged into your keyboard? If so, try plugging it directly into your computer.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

Thanks for the quick reply, it is a aspire laptop. I checked, it is a system issue when I type here the mouse is locked as well. Never had a computer do that before, off to google. Sorry for the false report.

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BenSeidel »

Hi,
I have a Lenovo that does this. It's there to stop your palm from touching the trackpad and clicking somewhere when typing. Unfortunately, it's poorly implemented and acts on the cursor and not the mouse. It also disables the mouse when a modifier key is pressed so you can't ctrl-click, etc. If yours is an issue, uninstall the supplier drivers and install the system default drivers - but make sure you can switch back in case it doesn't work or you lose some functionality you rely on.

Return to “Technical Help”