Multiplayer Achievement, How to know %?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
xng
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Multiplayer Achievement, How to know %?

Post by xng »

We are 2 people playing for achievements on a server, but we're both old and not on at the same times, and from what I understand you can only get achievements in multiplayer if you've been online for more than 50% of the map time, right?

So how do we see if we're eligable for achievements with regards to this time, so we don't launch the lazy bastard rocket when one of us is just at 49%?

Edit: Also, how does that time count when noone is online but the map is still running? If the map is empty more than 50% of the time, will noone get achievements?

Ranger_Aurelien
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Multiplayer Achievement, How to know %?

Post by Ranger_Aurelien »

I believe you see your % when you go into the Achievements menu while playing the map (or at least your time vs map time).

Also, it looks like it auto pauses, as in 0.12.11 they added a "-no-auto-pause" as an option:
https://wiki.factorio.com/Multiplayer
" 0.12.11:
Added --no-auto-pause: When running as a server, --no-auto-pause will prevent stopping the game when no players are connected."
-
Ranger Aurelien
"Knowledge Brings Fear" -- Motto of Mars University, Futurama

xng
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Multiplayer Achievement, How to know %?

Post by xng »

Ranger_Aurelien wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:33 pm
I believe you see your % when you go into the Achievements menu while playing the map (or at least your time vs map time).
Thanks! I can see it there, but it doesn't work very well, haha =)

photo_2019-08-09_08-39-19.jpg
photo_2019-08-09_08-39-19.jpg (11.75 KiB) Viewed 1183 times

I've built most of that base.

(Note: We have auto pause on, but it would be nice to know if no players on the map for more than 50% of the time invalidates all achievements)

Return to “Technical Help”