[0.17] Very low FPS compared to 0.16

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
StopRightThere
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17] Very low FPS compared to 0.16

Post by StopRightThere »

Hi, after i updated to game latest version it become unplayable. I am only getting 10-20 fps even though i set all possible options to lowest setttings. As far as i know all of my driver is up to date. And i use no mods.

My Computer Specs:

8 GB Ram
Intel HD 4000 + AMD HD 7600M
Intel i5-3317u CPU
Windows 10

Attachments
factorio-current.log
(9.55 KiB) Downloaded 42 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17] Very low FPS compared to 0.16

Post by posila »

Hello, can you try to disable "Use flip presentation model" in graphics settings and restart the game?

StopRightThere
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by StopRightThere »

Hi, thanks for the answer. But it didn't change anything. Still i got same FPS. I tried it both with new map and my old factory. But FPS is same all the time.

Settings

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Can you open Task Manager in Windows and check utilization of GPUs?
My bet would be that Radeon HD, on which the game is running will not be very utilized but, Intel HD Graphics - which has display connected to it, will be at 100%. I'd try to update Intel Graphics driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downlo ... duct=97499

Alternativelly, you can try to open Factorio properties in Steam Library and set launch options to

Code: Select all

--force-opengl
Note: you definitelly want more than 1 render thread ... referring to the "Max render threads" slider.

StopRightThere
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by StopRightThere »

Thank you posila, forcing opengl worked.

I guess something wrong with Radeon. I have a screen tearing problem with Dota 2, enabling opengl solve that problem too.

Return to “Technical Help”