"Cargo empty" treating fluid wagons as cargo.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
usafphoenix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

"Cargo empty" treating fluid wagons as cargo.

Post by usafphoenix »

So I have a mixed train: fluid wagons near the engine/front, and cargo wagons in the caboose. Single transport to Uranium outpost. Obviously empties sulfuric acid at outpost for mining, and fills cargo wagons with uranium. Wondering why "cargo empty"/"Cargo full" treats fluid wagons as cargo when there is a fluid-condition???

Not able to properly "set conditions" so that train will act as follows:

At base: Fill up sulfuric acid and empty cargo wagons. If fluid containers are full and cargo is empty or 60 seconds of inactivity, move on to outpost

At outpost: Empty fluid wagons and immediately depart if wagons are empty, OR if cargo wagons are FULL.
Since "cargo full" treats fluid wagons as "cargo" this last line doesn't work properly. So If my outpost "battery"/ storage of sulfuric acid is FULL, and i have some left over fluid in the train, i want it to go ahead and return to base if the cargo wagons are full. But they won't "BE" full since the fluid wagons "aren't full". How do i fix this?

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: "Cargo empty" treating fluid wagons as cargo.

Post by DaveMcW »

Yes, "empty cargo" and "full cargo" only work correctly if the train holds one cargo.

You want the "item count" and "fluid count" conditions.

Return to “Technical Help”