How to install a previous mod's version? (Downgrade mod)

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Dragony
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

How to install a previous mod's version? (Downgrade mod)

Post by Dragony »

Hi!

Today one mod got an unfancy upgrade, but with a critical bug inside. Unfortunately I can't play my huge save without that mod. Since I don't know if the mod gets fixed, it might be neccessary for me to undo the upgrade, i.e. downgrade the mod. If that is not possible then my huge save (and my trust in doing mod upgrades when they become available) would be lost.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Joghert
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: How to install a previous mod's version? (Downgrade mod)

Post by Joghert »

You can go to the mod portal and download the specific version there.

I.E.: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/pyrawores/downloads

wladekb
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wladekb »

I guess you can manually download an older version from the mod portal here: https://mods.factorio.com/

Then you will need to put that older version inside the mod folder of your Factorio (and remove the newer one I suppose),
the actual path of the mod folder depends on your operating system.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

wladekb wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:17 pm
I guess you can manually download an older version from the mod portal here: https://mods.factorio.com/

Then you will need to put that older version inside the mod folder of your Factorio (and remove the newer one I suppose),
the actual path of the mod folder depends on your operating system.
You shouldn’t need to remove the other. The mod manager will allow you to select which version to use. Even though the newer one is bugged and you'll probably never use it, I believe keeping it will prevent the game from saying there’s an update available until an actual update/fixed version is released.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Dragony wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:32 pm
Today one mod got an unfancy upgrade, but with a critical bug inside.
Right solution: write to mod author and explain why the mod works wrong. Wait until next version.

Return to “Technical Help”