[0.17.54] Win10 Server crashing when trying to over-write old autosave file

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
helio
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.54] Win10 Server crashing when trying to over-write old autosave file

Post by helio »

Hi,

Me and my friend decided to rent a Factorio server from a hosting company since we figured both the cost and time we'd spend on technical issues would be lower - but we've run into an issue which to me seems to be related to permissions on the actual server and not the game itself. But the admins for the hosting company seem unable to resolve the issue and I came here to ask for advice.

The issue is easiest to reproduce if we both leave the server (so that no one is online) and later rejoin, the server tries to jump back to autosave1 (from whatever previous number iteration it had) which makes the server spit out an error (below) that indicates that the server is uanble to overwrite both the autosave and the player-data backup and temp files and crashes because of it.

Today we have to resolve this everytime we want to play (which is all the time ;)) by reinstalling the server files, updating steam, updating factorio, changing the settings file to a high number of autosave slots in order to keep the server running for a longer time before it crashes (this makes the server only crash when we rejoin or if we're online long enough for the server to reach say 50 autosaves).

We're running 0.17.x Latest Experimental currently at .54 but this happened in .53 as well and no mods.

To me this sounds like a permissions issue on the server but I wanted to get a second opinion before I go back to the hosting admins. The log file at the time of the crash is attached to this post. Tell me if you need more information or anything, any help is greatly appreciated.

This is our save file if needed:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xbq026 ... sp=sharing

Best regards,
Helio
Attachments
factorio_srv_log.txt
(2.78 KiB) Downloaded 18 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.54] Win10 Server crashing when trying to over-write old autosave file

Post by posila »

The log you posted doesn't contain header with OS version, but I am pretty sure it is because your server is running on Windows 10 version 1607 (Anniversary Update), which is not supported anymore. You need to update the server to at least Windows 10 version 1703 (Creators Update)

helio
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.54] Win10 Server crashing when trying to over-write old autosave file

Post by helio »

Ah my bad, I'll remember that for the next time.
I checked the header myself and you're correct - it is running 1607. I'll talk to the admins about it, thank you for the fast reply!

Return to “Technical Help”