Graphics Glitching when scrolling out to view area

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Raven_North
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Graphics Glitching when scrolling out to view area

Post by Raven_North »

Version: 0.17.54(Build 46015, win64, steam)

What did you do? In an attempt to find a source to the graphic glitch, I disabled all mods.
What happened? Nothing changed, it still happens as before.
What did you expect to happen instead? I had hoped that perhaps something as simple as a mod install was causing the glitch and by removing it, the glitch would stop.

Write down the steps to reproduce the issue if you know them. Not sure, I simply scroll to get a wider view of the map and it glitches.
Does it happen always, once, or sometimes? Seems to happen every time I scroll to see a wider view of what I am doing when I play.

Thanks for taking a moment to look this over.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Graphics Glitching when scrolling out to view area

Post by posila »

Hello, this is problem with old Intel graphics drivers. If possible, try to update your graphics driver. If it's not possible, open config.ini (press Win + R, type in %APPDATA%\Factorio\config\config.ini and click OK; that should open config Notepad) and add following line at the bottom of the file

Code: Select all

buffer-rename-workaround=true

Raven_North
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Graphics Glitching when scrolling out to view area

Post by Raven_North »

I ended up needing to add the line to the .ini, but it worked well thanks very much.

Return to “Technical Help”