[0.17.54] Blur on zoomout

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Malin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.54] Blur on zoomout

Post by Malin »

When I zoom out some objects and ground become blurred.
GIF.gif
GIF.gif (27.89 MiB) Viewed 2212 times
Note that assemblers is not blurred.

Is it a bug?

I already tried to tweak graphic options accordingly to Solving common graphic issues and resetting to default, but it doesn't help.

My current graphics settings:
Screenshot_47.png
Screenshot_47.png (40.53 KiB) Viewed 2212 times
Version: Latest Experimental (0.17.54)
PC: 1920x1080, i7, Intel HD Graphics 4000, 8GB RAM

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.54] Blur on zoomout

Post by posila »

Hello, please post your log.
On Windows, press Win + R, type in %APPDATA%\Factorio and click OK. File Explorer should open and you should see file called factorio-current.log. If you use macOS or Linux, see paths where to find the logs: https://wiki.factorio.com/Application_d ... _directory

Malin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Malin »

posila wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:01 pm
Hello, please post your log.
On Windows, press Win + R, type in %APPDATA%\Factorio and click OK. File Explorer should open and you should see file called factorio-current.log.
Hello! Here it is.
factorio-current.log
(5.08 KiB) Downloaded 93 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Thanks.
Can you try to update your graphics driver, please? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downlo ... ows-15-33-

Malin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Malin »

posila wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:11 pm
Thanks.
Can you try to update your graphics driver, please? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downlo ... ows-15-33-
Laptop rejects to install drivers from this link, but Intel® Driver & Support Assistant tells me that I have latest suitable drivers.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

I really dislike it when laptop manufacturers do this (force you to install only their version of drivers, but not releasing any updates). Your driver is from 2013, but Intel is still supporting the GPU and the latest driver for it is from May of this year (the one I linked). We won't try to workaround buggy driver from 2013, I am sorry.

As as workaround, you can disable mipmaps by opening %APPDATA%\Factorio\config\config.ini and adding following line at the bottom of the file

Code: Select all

legacy-gpu-no-mipmaps=true

boran_blok
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by boran_blok »

as a sidenote, you can probably force to install the drivers posila linked, if you go to device manager and manually select these as drivers.

-> update drivers for this device -> choose driver -> browse, and select the correct .inf and ignore all warnings.

Granted, I propose you do some more research on how to exactly do this, since it has been a while for me since I had to do this procedure.

(and lets hope they didn't use a custom PCI device specifier, because then you are up the alley of .inf editing, and that is something really error prone)

Malin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Malin »

posila wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:23 pm
Your driver is from 2013, but Intel is still supporting the GPU and the latest driver for it is from May of this year (the one I linked). We won't try to workaround buggy driver from 2013, I am sorry.
boran_blok wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:39 pm
as a sidenote, you can probably force to install the drivers posila linked, if you go to device manager and manually select these as drivers.

-> update drivers for this device -> choose driver -> browse, and select the correct .inf and ignore all warnings.

Granted, I propose you do some more research on how to exactly do this, since it has been a while for me since I had to do this procedure.

(and lets hope they didn't use a custom PCI device specifier, because then you are up the alley of .inf editing, and that is something really error prone)
Thank you posila and boran_blok!
I uninstalled any driver installer programs provided by the laptop manufacturer and downgraded the video driver in device manager to Basic VGA Adapter. Then rebooted the laptop, manualy installed the driver from *.zip downloaded from the link suggested by posila. And the laptop accepted it! Another reboot and the graphical glitches dissapeared!
Thank you so much!

Return to “Technical Help”