Fullscreen using different monitor refresh rate?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Vigilance.exe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Fullscreen using different monitor refresh rate?

Post by Vigilance.exe »

So I already know that fullscreen mode (the option) Is actually borderless fullscreen, which is why this confuses me.
My monitor runs on 144hz, when I play in windowed mode (with my task-bar at the bottom and the window borders) the game runs at 60 frames (as it should) and my mouse is silky smooth at 144hz.

But the moment I switch on fullscreen (borderless) my mouse switches too 60hz? is that intentional? if so why? I don't need nor want the game to run at a higher framerate, I just want my mouse to be like it is on windowed mode. but borderless fullscreen takes that away for some reason.

If someone has any answers at all I would be eternally grateful

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Fullscreen using different monitor refresh rate?

Post by posila »

I don't know, but I assume it is some kind of optimization employed by a graphics driver or desktop compositor; Try to disable "Use flip presentation model" in graphics settings. Disabling it should prevent driver/compositor activating these kind of optimizations.

Vigilance.exe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Fullscreen using different monitor refresh rate?

Post by Vigilance.exe »

That seemed to bump it up and provide a (sorta?) Temporary fix, so thank you for that. I did mess around with some other settings too but I guess it comes down to some interaction with the flip presentation and windows 10 optimizations/driver settings?

Just as a side note I always keep my drivers up too date, which sometimes has drawbacks to just sticking with a stable one like some people do.

PS: It might have even been locked at a 30fps cursor, its hard to tell for me honestly without switching back and fourth between 30 and 60.

Hopefully this incident is isolated to something specific too me, and or something you all do (or microsoft but who knows) has the side effect of fixing this.

Thanks for the help, best regards and appreciation from me. ^^

Return to “Technical Help”