Insane lag - big maps in multiplayer

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Jihatden
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Insane lag - big maps in multiplayer

Post by Jihatden »

The title says itself. I have two screenshots, the first one is running the map online in a dedicated server (which nobody have lags except me), and the second one is the same map in singleplayer.

The fact is, my internet connection is normal the same way I was running an "7 days to die" server without problems. Actually, this issue started after 0.17 with big maps only, the 0.16 version and smaller maps it doesn't happen.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Insane lag - big maps in multiplayer

Post by Loewchen »

This is not network lag, you are just falling behind the server...

Jihatden
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Jihatden »

Aditional info:

My internet connection is not the best in the world but is pretty much ok, and the server is nearby here.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Jihatden wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:16 pm
My internet connection is not the best in the world but is pretty much ok, and the server is nearby here.
Your internet connection isn't the problem. As Loewchen said, the problem is that your computer is taking longer to process game ticks than the server. Hence it gets behind the server and struggles (and probably even can't) catch up. The normal solution is to reduce the speed of the server by running the following command

Code: Select all

/c game.speed=0.9

(That might need to be typed twice, and will disable achievements).

Long term you probably also want to transition to a UPS friendly base design.

dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dog80 »

sidequestion: why would you want to play this game in multiplayer? :D... there are only people messing with your builds and blueprints its a headache, dont do it and save yourself nerves big times.

Jihatden
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Jihatden »

Zavian wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:19 am
Jihatden wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:16 pm
Your internet connection isn't the problem. As Loewchen said, the problem is that your computer is taking longer to process game ticks than the server. Hence it gets behind the server and struggles (and probably even can't) catch up. The normal solution is to reduce the speed of the server by running the following command

Code: Select all

/c game.speed=0.9

(That might need to be typed twice, and will disable achievements).

Long term you probably also want to transition to a UPS friendly base design.
Thanks for the tip, I'll try it and see if it helps.
dog80 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:21 am
sidequestion: why would you want to play this game in multiplayer? :D... there are only people messing with your builds and blueprints its a headache, dont do it and save yourself nerves big times.
It's a private/not listed server.

Return to “Technical Help”