[0.17.43] Insert one item from hand on Mac

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
republikanen
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.43] Insert one item from hand on Mac

Post by republikanen »

When having my hand full with 100 items and when the machine window is not open, I am not able put just 1 item into a machine when I have 100 in my hand.

(if i open the machine window, right-click works but not when it is is not open)

On Mac, I ctrl-right-click to insert half 50 and ctrl-left-click to insert all 100 (if they fit).

But I have tried forever to just insert 1 of the 100 in my hand and failed. How is that done on a Mac where I am?

BattleFluffy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.43] Insert one item from hand on Mac

Post by BattleFluffy »

Not using mac, but I do this by hovering over the assembling machine with the items on my cursor, and hitting Z.
Z drops 1 item, dropping it on top of an assembling machine puts it inside. Also useful for putting a few ammo in each turret, etc..
Hopefully this method works for you..

republikanen
Inserter
Inserter

Post by republikanen »

YES THAT WORKS! (same way on Mac; no difference)

I did not realize that it was possible to "Drop item" (default "z") into an Assembling Machine. I thought that it only was possible to "Drop item" onto the ground.

Thanks a lot for the support (been wondering this for a year now)

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

BattleFluffy wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 4:22 am
Not using mac, but I do this by hovering over the assembling machine with the items on my cursor, and hitting Z.
Z drops 1 item, dropping it on top of an assembling machine puts it inside. Also useful for putting a few ammo in each turret, etc..
Hopefully this method works for you..
Thanks for the tip (Mac) indeed!

republikanen
Inserter
Inserter

Post by republikanen »

I think that "Drop item" in the Factorio control settings either should change name to "Drop/insert item" and/or get a little help bubble explaining its dual use. (Not intuitive really)

Return to “Technical Help”