Inserter Issue

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
kurde makaron
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Inserter Issue

Post by kurde makaron »

So i actually have 2 issues. First one is issue1.jpg. and second one is issue2.jgp. Is there any way to fix it? Please?
Attachments
issue2.jpg
issue2.jpg (930.45 KiB) Viewed 1031 times
issue1.jpg
issue1.jpg (985.78 KiB) Viewed 1031 times

avenetucci09
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Inserter Issue

Post by avenetucci09 »

Top picture (issue 2): Inserter status indicates that the inserter is waiting for room within the boiler to put more coal. Inserters will not completely fill up the boiler/assembler with input items; only enough for a couple of cycles, so no issue here.

Bottom picture (issue 1): Hard to tell exactly, but my guess is that you didn't set a recipe for the assemblers and the inserter cannot "Place items into an entity that can not hold them."

See - https://wiki.factorio.com/Inserters

kurde makaron
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kurde makaron »

avenetucci09 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:52 pm
Top picture (issue 2): Inserter status indicates that the inserter is waiting for room within the boiler to put more coal. Inserters will not completely fill up the boiler/assembler with input items; only enough for a couple of cycles, so no issue here.

Bottom picture (issue 1): Hard to tell exactly, but my guess is that you didn't set a recipe for the assemblers and the inserter cannot "Place items into an entity that can not hold them."

See - https://wiki.factorio.com/Inserters
i actually set assemblers to make science packs? (bottom issue) i forgot what it was, and top issue, is (i think) because inserters need to grab fuel from chest

disentius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by disentius »

Item 1: nope. It means the boiler has enough coal :)
Item 2: if you set them to make red science, you are missing an ingredient. The Iron gear wheel.
Item not-asked: One boiler can supply steam for 2 steam geneators.

Return to “Technical Help”