need to change mod portal password but it needs me to know the old one

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
wdwdaade5453
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

need to change mod portal password but it needs me to know the old one

Post by wdwdaade5453 »

i logged into the factorio website through steam to create an account to login to factorio mod portal. (which i will be reffering to MP)

i tried login into to factorio MP with my steam account password and it said that it was incorrect. so i went back to check the password and was not my steam account password and looked way shorter. i tried to edit it, but it had to know the old password to change it. HELP I NEED MY MODSSS

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: need to change mod portal password but it needs me to know the old one

Post by Loewchen »

There is no mod portal password, the mod portal simply requires you to log in with your factorio.com account where you can reset your password if you forgot it.

wdwdaade5453
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by wdwdaade5453 »

wait the post wasnt really clear sorry

on the factorio website the password for the mod portal in my profile settings is not a password i know and i can not change it since i need to know the old password.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Lets do it step by step:
Did you create an account on www.factorio.com?
Can you log in to the account at www.factorio.com?

wdwdaade5453
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by wdwdaade5453 »

*sigh* ive been so fed up with trying things over and over again i'm making no sense.

ok, so for clarification i was launching factorio on steam, and i logged into factorio website with steam and i didnt *make* a password. so it probably got some password somewhere and i tried using my steam password which didn't work. (makes sense now that i calmed down XD) so i figured i'd download factorio from the OF website. it told me to login with my factorio website account and i did and used my steam password as the password.

anddd..... it worked? i can now download mods but if i launch it from steam i can play without mods freely but when i go to install mods it tells me to login with the factorio account. i tried logging in with that same username and password and it still said it was an invalid password. yeah. i have no idea but i can play normally now on the non-steam version.

wdwdaade5453
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by wdwdaade5453 »

(and yes, i do consider myself somewhat idiotic fro trying the same thing over and over again in frustration)

Return to “Technical Help”