[0.17.37] [Mac] Game appears blurry

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
sirgeorgington
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.37] [Mac] Game appears blurry

Post by sirgeorgington »

Whenever I try to launch the game, the game is extremely blurry. I have tried changing all of the graphics settings, and nothing seems to fix it. Is there a way to manually set the resolution?

lacika2000
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.17.37] [Mac] Game appears blurry

Post by lacika2000 »

I have the same issue on a dual boot machine: under Windows I am able to run at 4K (native to the screen), while under Mac OS it seems the game upscales from 1080 to 4K internally, resulting in a much worse graphics quality under Mac.

How can I achieve the same quality under Mac? Is there a setting perhaps?

lacika2000
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.17.37] [Mac] Game appears blurry

Post by lacika2000 »

I have made a separate bug report likely similar to this issue with a possible lead to solution related to interface scaling in Mac OS, see [Solved][0.17.64] MacOS display scaling bug. The solution for me was to have a fresh install in 0.17 instead of update from 0.16. This has reset the graphics settings and allowed the native resolution to be used by Factorio with proper interface scaling, resulting in sharp graphics.

Return to “Technical Help”