Linux sound delay

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
neoc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Linux sound delay

Post by neoc »

Hey,

I just tried to play the game (0.17) on Arch Linux, and so far the sound is working, but there is a delay of about 1 second. I have no idea where to start exploring this issue.

I found this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=34974 (which is probably too old anyway, 2016)

but it didn't help much, partly because I don't understand the background of the proposed two solutions. I couldn't find the file /etc/asound.conf on my system, and I don't know why factorio would care about a file /etc/allegro5rc I could create (and which content would that have?). I also don't understand how jack/jack2 could be a solution. I started jack2 after reading https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/JA ... ection_Kit, but I don't get any feedback whether this worked and whether Factorio cares (the delay is still there). There are no command line options for Factorio and the log messages of a running Factorio don't give any information on the sound system used. And there don't seem to be any configuration files apart from the ingame-settings (volume levels etc.).

I'm pretty sure my system uses alsa. Anyone can help?

Return to “Technical Help”