[0.17.32]Cannot update/install mods inside the game(Steam version) but can download them from mod portal

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
groz_nez
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.32]Cannot update/install mods inside the game(Steam version) but can download them from mod portal

Post by groz_nez »

As title says I cannot install/update mods in game (Steam version) while I'm able to download them from mod portal. Any time I try to install/update mod in game it asks for my mod portal credentials and after I give them I get "thrown" back to main menu. There is no error message during this. I have no problems in logging in to mod portal. Even logging myself in through options menu doesn't help. Trying to connect (through Steam) to a modded game made by a friend of mine gives errors (pictures in attachments error1.jpg & error2.jpg). Error2 was shown after disabling the mod from first error. I wasn't able to connect to the game or download/update any mods. Verifying game files through Steam didn't help. I've also tried to changing my Factorio account password which didn't solve the problem.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
factorio log
(6.07 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
error when joining to a multiplayer game
error2.jpg (17.38 KiB) Viewed 1674 times
error1.jpg (28.62 KiB) Viewed 1674 times

tumblerino
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.32]Cannot update/install mods inside the game(Steam version) but can download them from mod portal

Post by tumblerino »

Hello,

I am facing the same issue. Login is accepted in the setting -> Other -> Currently Logged in. In the mod portal, the connection is reset when attempting to download and update mods, asking for the password again and sending me to the main menu.
Also, just finished verifying the game files, 3 files came as unverified and it did not sort out the issue. Resetting the password also did nothing.

I need to point out that my game is also running through steam.

theekazzabreek
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.32]Cannot update/install mods inside the game(Steam version) but can download them from mod portal

Post by theekazzabreek »

Ehrm... You guys run off Steam and are running a 0.17.x version?
How did you manage to do that?

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

https://www.factorio.com/download/experimental

Or, if you have a non-Steam 0.16.51 install, you can enable experimental updates.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

theekazzabreek wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:00 pm
Ehrm... You guys run off Steam and are running a 0.17.x version?
How did you manage to do that?
Right click factorio in your Steam library, then properties -> Betas -> 0.17.x .

Return to “Technical Help”