Disappearing mods

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
InfinityC0r3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Disappearing mods

Post by InfinityC0r3 »

I seem to have ran into an interesting issue the Mod list in Factorio and am wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue and it is a bug or just an issue with my version of Factorio.

while installing some mods I noticed that some of the mods that I had installed no longer showed up in the mod list, thinking this strange I tried to re-download the mod. however when downloading the mod again it would still not show up in the list. Upon investigating I can see the .zip file with the mod in the factorio mod directory with the latest version that was downloaded. Investigating further I noticed that the mod was not even showing up in mod-list.json file, digging even deeper I decided to clear my mod list and then delete the .json file and re-download all mods. I found that it appears that when the Confirm button is pressed Factorio is accessing the mod-list.json but not updating it at that time and only updates it when Factorio is actually exited fully from the main factorio menu.

again just wondering if this might be a bug that needs reported as others have experienced it or if it is just mine and I need to completely remove and reinstall Factorio

Return to “Technical Help”