[0.17.28] How do I force factorio to use a specific port

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
SNACKaJACK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.28] How do I force factorio to use a specific port

Post by SNACKaJACK »

I'm playing on a network that also has some heavy downloading traffic, so when I play any kind of game I just get a shitton of lag except for when the application gets put into the low latency QoS in the router. Now I have QoS set up for most games just fine, however factorio has the nasty habit to just pick a new portnumber every fucking time it launches so it never lines up with the port numbers mentioned in the QoS. I have already tried to configure multiple different port numbers in \AppData\Roaming\Factorio\config\config.ini but it just flat out ignores it completely.
The game does work and I can connect to servers but the problem is that I just lagg so hard because I cant pick what port factorio uses. How can i force it to use a certain port?
I'm playing on 0.17.28 with windows 10 as operating system.
Last edited by SNACKaJACK on Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: How do I force factorio to use a specific port

Post by Koub »

Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

SNACKaJACK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SNACKaJACK »

I tried using the config but it does nothing. also the default port only seems to be used for servers, i end up with port numbers around 50.000-70.000 and that is too wide of a range to enter into a QoS setting otherwise random other data you don't want in your higher classes of connection priority will slip in. so no the stuff from that page does not really help me.

SNACKaJACK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SNACKaJACK »

Something I might need to add: the port numbers I'm talking about are the port numbers for my local machine. I find them by using resource monitor, I know there is also a outbound port randomization thing but I fixed that a few months ago when I started running a local server and even if it was not fixed the port my local machine uses should not be affected by that as far as I know.

Return to “Technical Help”