Alt-mode rendering is very slow

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Fobax
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Alt-mode rendering is very slow

Post by Fobax »

I've got a fairly large base (~1 rocket/min) from 0.16.51 that I stopped playing because the game was very slow. I just loaded it in the latest 0.17 hoping it'd be faster, and realized the problem is alt-mode. When standing in the middle of a big swath of bot fueled factories I get I get 40/40 fps/ups with alt-mode off but 11/60 with alt-mode on. Alt-mode off is pretty hard to play with given there's little to indicate where I am in the factory. With alt-mode on it's unplayable since it just stutters terribly, to the point that even my mouse cursor is hard to aim.

This is playing 0.17.17 on a AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, no discrete video card, 16gb ram, and at 4K (40" 4K monitor) on Ubuntu 18.10 with a 5.0.1 kernel, launched through Steam.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Alt-mode rendering is very slow

Post by BlueTemplar »

Sounds like we might need an option "do not show bot 'contents' while in 'alt'-mode" ?
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Return to “Technical Help”