[0.17.11] No automatic updates for downloaded version

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Dune
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.11] No automatic updates for downloaded version

Post by Dune »

I've been waiting to post this "bug report" for several versions, because I kept thinking it'd be fixed.

I seem to remember automatic updates were available for downloaded versions in 0.16, but I may be mistaken.

Anyway, if you navigate to About > Check Updates, you get a Notice "No new updates available" Confirm popup. As I post this, there have been three updates since. The current version is 0.17.14.

So the popup should be saying there is a new version, right? And should be offering an option to update, right? Or am I out of luck because I downloaded the game from the website instead of using Steam?

When are website downloaded copies of the game going to get auto-updates enabled?

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.11] No automatic updates for downloaded version

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Thanks for living behind the moon the last weeks. The updater is broken and temporarily disabled until it is fixed. Use the steam version or download it manually until then.

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by tehfreek »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:13 am
Thanks for living behind the moon the last weeks. The updater is broken and temporarily disabled until it is fixed. Use the steam version or download it manually until then.
It's been working for me since 0.17.7.

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by tehfreek »

Dune wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:07 am
So the popup should be saying there is a new version, right? And should be offering an option to update, right? Or am I out of luck because I downloaded the game from the website instead of using Steam?
Did you enable Settings | Other | Enable experimental updates?

Dune
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dune »

tehfreek wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:17 am
Dune wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:07 am
Did you enable Settings | Other | Enable experimental updates?
Ah, that should be enabled by default for experimental releases :P

Return to “Technical Help”