Cracked Factorio PROBLEMS?!?! FIX THIS!

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
DanteMarshal
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Cracked Factorio PROBLEMS?!?! FIX THIS!

Post by DanteMarshal »

There's another problem with DRM that is usually ignored by the majority of the world, Simply because it's harder to see.
There are a lot of people in the world, who literally cannot buy the game. Not because they don't have the money, or not just because it's too expensive for them (Well it often is !); But because political situations cause them not to have any option to pay for the game.
Example, Iran; The hell hole I live in !
Factorio currently has 3 options to pay the game, One of them is Card but which is inherently unusable in Iran. Then there are PayPal and Amazon, But both of them have embargoed Iran.

Isn't it funny ? We can't buy and play video games because of politicians barking at each other. And convince me, How can embargoing a Game help the world ? How can taking away Gaming from people in a country save the world from that country's Politicians (whom are powerful enough to bypass any embargo for themselves, And care none for their own people !)

Yes, There are a small number of people here who actually have someone outside of country who can access these stuff for them, Some people are wealthy enough to pay for an Illegal paypall account and use it, Still most of don't have such luxury.
But thanks to No-DRM, People like us can actually experience some games. If only we had the same opportunities you guys have, If only we could purchase the games we love ...

All that said, Let alone the fact that for some of us, to deposit $30 we need to work half a month. But that's not the issue here ...

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

DanteMarshal wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:41 am
Isn't it funny ? We can't buy and play video games because of politicians barking at each other. And convince me, How can embargoing a Game help the world ? How can taking away Gaming from people in a country save the world from that country's Politicians (whom are powerful enough to bypass any embargo for themselves, And care none for their own people !)
My understanding is that embargoes are meant to make the people pissed and hate their rulers, and ultimately overthrow them (which obviously doesn't seem to work) and also to choke the economy (which obviously works better).

But back to your issue : wouldn't the use of a VPN do the trick ? If I remember correctly, not all VPNs are blocked in Iran.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Squelch »

The solution is simple. Don't allow Direct connect to your server.

Enable verify user identity in MP GUI, or change the line towards the bottom of /Data/server-settings.json "verify_user_identity": true on a headless server.

[Edit to add] From the game console as admin "/config set require-user-verification true"

This will check the user's authenticity through Wube's database. Non purchasers will not be able to join.

Anyone who has a "Cracked" version of Factorio is a fool. There is no crack to speak of, and they are most likely to have been infected with malware/virus.

Opinion: - The only beneficiaries of DRM are the companies that write the DRM suite.

DanteMarshal
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DanteMarshal »

Koub wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:48 am
Wouldn't the use of a VPN do the trick ? If I remember correctly, not all VPNs are blocked in Iran.
You can use a VPN to change your IP, But it doesn't give you a personality with which you can create a PayPal (or any international banking system) account and use it. They require your National ID, your phone number, your Address, etc. You can't fake them with a VPN.

UPDATE
I found a way to but the game :3 Finally, After many years.
I used steam gift-cards, buying them from someone outside of this country.

Return to “Technical Help”