[SOLVED] [0.17.2] Error when changing map on a server: "MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while applying migration""

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Mikerosoft
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[SOLVED] [0.17.2] Error when changing map on a server: "MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while applying migration""

Post by Mikerosoft »

Me and some friends started this map in version 0.17.0. At this time one of us would host the server with the provided feature in-game. Later we decided to rent a server at Nitrado. If we use the map generated by the server everything works perfectly fine. If we put our map into the saves folder though we will get the following error and the server won't start:

Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:92: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while applying migration: Base Mod: 2016-10-27_Factorio_0.15.0.lua
__base__/migrations/2016-10-27_Factorio_0.15.0.lua:20: attempt to index field 'high-tech-science-pack' (a nil value)

(this can all be seen inside the attached factorio-current.log and Nitrado.zip is our map)

The error states something about a "migration" and "0.15.0" which I don't understand since this map was created using 0.17.0. We also don't use any mods.
I tried everything from restarting the server to reinstalling. The same error also appears with other maps I put into the saves folder. Maybe the same problem occured to someone else that knows how to fix this or since this problem occured to all my save files this might also be only a Nitrado related issue if this happened to nobody else.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
Nitrado.zip
(6.66 MiB) Downloaded 94 times
factorio-current.log
(4.07 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
Last edited by Mikerosoft on Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zegoro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.2] Error when changing map on a server: "MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while applying migration""

Post by zegoro »

Hey,

I HAD the exact same problem (seems to be a Nitrado thing).

Following steps should help:
- stop your server :)
- connect to the server through an FTP-Tool (I use Filezilla)
- go to the following directory (on your server): /factorioexperimental/data/base/migrations
- delete ALL files from that folder (on the server)
- now go to your factorio installation on your PC: ...\steamapps\common\Factorio\data\base\migrations
or whereever you installed factorio
- copy all files from your pc (migrations folder) to the migrations folder on the server
- Upload your created world to the save folder on your sever (as you have done it before) and start it :)

this worked for me. would be nice if you could give some feedback if it also worked for you.

regards

Mikerosoft
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.2] Error when changing map on a server: "MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while applying migration""

Post by Mikerosoft »

Thank you very much zegoro!!!
Thanks to your perfect explanation our issue could be resolved and the server works perfectly fine now!

ActionJackson
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [SOLVED] [0.17.2] Error when changing map on a server: "MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while applying migration""

Post by ActionJackson »

Had same issue, fresh install of the .17 headless server.

The map was originally created and hosted on a windows client in MP mode, but when we went to move it to linux we had these issues. Followed the steps here and it worked. Might something be wrong with the headless server files?

ChrislyBear
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ChrislyBear »

zegoro wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:10 pm
Hey,

I HAD the exact same problem (seems to be a Nitrado thing).

Following steps should help:
[...]

this worked for me. would be nice if you could give some feedback if it also worked for you.

regards

I feared my save was lost, but it just worked! I learned something today. Thank you very much!

maccesch
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [SOLVED] [0.17.2] Error when changing map on a server: "MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while applying migration""

Post by maccesch »

Had the exact same thing on my ZAP-Hosting server and this worked perfectly.

Toude
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Toude »

If something similar happens to you using I-Craft (https://i-craft.de/) servers, don't panic. We are aware you don't have access do the game folder. But don't worry, simply deleting the migration files in your game folder will suffice.

Return to “Technical Help”