Will I be able to run Factorio on my Mac?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Rublie14
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Will I be able to run Factorio on my Mac?

Post by Rublie14 »

Hi! I am new to this game, and I'm trying to figure out if my mac on High Sierra will be able to run this game. On the website of Factorio the following can be found:
The Minimum system requirements for running the game are:

4GB RAM
512MB dedicated video memory
Dual core 3GHz+ processor
1280x720 screen resolution
1 GB of disk space
A 64-bit operating system
I am not entirely sure what all of it means since I am severely unexperienced with computer specs :lol: :oops: .
My Mac has the following specifications:
2,5 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB
Could somebody tell me if my specs are good enough before I purchase the game? From what I can tell my processor is not good enough, and I don't know if I have a 64-bit operating system... I am sure though that I have sufficient disk space and screen resolution. Will I still be able to run the game with my specs?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rublie

P.S. I know this isn't really related to this topic, but from what I know modding isn't usually very successful or feasible on Macs. I couldn't really find anywhere if the mods that are available for download on the Factorio website are also functional for Mac computers. Is it hard to install mods for a mac? I might want to get into some mods after I've played the game normally so I was curious if someone could clarify this for me. Thank you! :D
Thanks in advance for your answer! :D

Rublie

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Will I be able to run Factorio on my Mac?

Post by Loewchen »

You should be able to run the game, you can test it with the demo. Mods work identical on all operating systems, but some mods increase hardware requirements.

Rublie14
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rublie14 »

Thank you for your answer! Aah right there is a demo. Does this mean that if the demo works for my computer, that the game will be able to be run even when I get to the late game? Or does the game get more intensive on your computer when you place more stuff down?

Rublie

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

The game scales well, but as your bases get bigger, it does nees additional computing power. It should still run, but slower and not as smooth. You won't be able to build a megabase firing rockets like there's no tomorrow on a potato :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Rublie14
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rublie14 »

Ok thank you! I'll just buy the game and see how far I get then. :)

Rublie

Return to “Technical Help”