[0.16.51] Save file loading produced I/O error after steam reinstall

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Cutemine
Inserter
Inserter

[0.16.51] Save file loading produced I/O error after steam reinstall

Post by Cutemine »

Hi!
So the weirdest thing just happened. I started factorio (Steam Version) and got prompted if I want to install the game rather than launching it. I don't remember uninstalling. Nevertheless there was no better option than to let steam do its thing and all game files were re-downloaded.
I then was prompted by factorio that the game settings file is corrupt so I loaded the defaults.
When trying to load my latest save game, I got the following error:
error.png
error.png (27.92 KiB) Viewed 1065 times
(save file attached)

I remember doing the following since the last time factorio worked as expected:
- updating windows (running on Win 7 x64)
- updating graphics driver (including GForce-Experience Game Settings optimization of factorio) <- my personal suspect
- unrelated web-browsing ;D

The following mods were present in the savegame (most recent versions as of yesterday for each one):
- AAI Signals
- Alien Biomes
- Alien Loot Economy
- base
- Big Bags
- Enhanced Map Colors
- Orbnital Ion Cannon
- Power Armor MK3
- Quick Start
- Upgrade Planner
- Wood Walls

Starting new games or loading other saves works as expected. I'm really confused now.

Edit: I Can't even upload the save here on the forums; there I get "Error parsing server response." as status of the upload.
I will try to upload it somewehere else. I also can't open the zip with 7Zip as it is actually corrupt. The modified timestamp however points to the (expected) last time I played on this map. So it was (most likely) not altered by another program but saved corrupt by factorio.
All the autosaves are from the same map and also unusable with the same error.

Edit 2: I won't even bother trying to host the savefiles somewhere. I looked at them with a hex editor:
hex.png
hex.png (15.84 KiB) Viewed 1055 times
they are completely filled with zeros... All of them...
Well I guess it's time for a new play-though...

Return to “Technical Help”