Will not download the maps for multiplayer

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Rockjaw
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Will not download the maps for multiplayer

Post by Rockjaw »

As of Nov. 29, 2018, I can no longer download multiplayer maps because the download speed is too slow. I started having issues when I was playing on a server and started having atrocious lag. I decided to leave and reconnect because that has solved it before but now i can't connect to anything. I have 250mb/s upload and 300mb/s download but for some reason i get 5kb/s (I understand that I will not get 300mb/s download for maps) and time out before completing even 5% of the download. Download speeds sometimes drop to 0mb/s. It estimates 20-40 mins to complete a download but drops out after 1 minute.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Will not download the maps for multiplayer

Post by eradicator »

Does this happen on every server? I.e. have you tried joining a random public server (preferrably one physically close to you) to verify?
I remember there was a bug when the server sets the donwload speed limit too low, but don't rememeber if that's fixed for 0.16.51 or 0.17.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Will not download the maps for multiplayer

Post by Jap2.0 »

eradicator wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:00 am
Does this happen on every server? I.e. have you tried joining a random public server (preferrably one physically close to you) to verify?
I remember there was a bug when the server sets the donwload speed limit too low, but don't rememeber if that's fixed for 0.16.51 or 0.17.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Return to “Technical Help”