Forum "remember me" not working?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Forum "remember me" not working?

Post by sillyfly »

I've recently started having a problem - when I come into the forums I am not logged in, even though every time I log in I check "remember me next time".
Anyone else experienced such problems? Any hint as to how to solve/diagnose this?

I'm using Chrome, with cookies enabled, and it seems the site sets cookies with expiration date 1 year in the future, but I don't know which cookies are relevant.

Thanks.

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Forum "remember me" not working?

Post by SilverWarior »

I suggest you check you security settings again. It is posible that you set your settings in a way that all cokies gets deleted after you close your borwser.
Also I'm not sure if Google Chrome does support something like this but Internet Explorer can treat different cookies in diferent ways. For instance IE differs from "current sesion" cookies which are deleted right afhter you close the browser, "short term" cookies whose lifetime is shorter than few hours (I don't remember how many), and "long term" cookies which can have unlimited lifespan. So if in IE I set that I only allow "short term" cookies I would have to relogin almost every time as the existing cookie would already expire.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

Thanks for the reply.
I don't know of any such setting in Chrome, and other sites seem to work alright. Furthermore, I can see the cookies are present when entering the site, but I am not recognized.

Anyway, in the last few days it seems to be better - the site usually remembers me alright. I still don't know what the problem was, nor do I have any explanations for it, but for now it seems to be back in order.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

For Chrome use the developer console (search it right in the menu under MORE TOOLS -> DEVELOPER TOOLS. Then Resources -> Cookies.
There must be a "phpbb3_cobst_k" cookie. If not or is empty, the feature doesn't work.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Technical Help”